Welcome to my 1220 pixel by 2525 pixel space on the net where I get to convince you I am the perfect candidate for that job you need to fill, which just so happens to be my dream job. Some call me the EDM Girl, some call me a branding and media empress, and some just call me Erika. Luckily, Erika works just fine. I am unafraid of working morning and night (as long as there is coffee involved), love learning new skills and have a passion for promoting new and established artists. In ten years I see myself managing the careers of artists who tour around the globe, and am excited to see all that can be achieved by the artists I work with along the way. I look forward to hearing from you and working with you – let’s make some magic happen!
I don’t make the music, I just make sure you hear it.
The American University, Washington, D.C., 2012- 2015
Bachelor of Arts in CLEG – Communications, Legal Institutions, Economics, Government
Washington Mentorship Program, Fall 2012
Founder & Editor, EDM Girl, Washington DC. Sept. 2013- Present
– 2015 Washington City Paper Best Arts Blog, Runner-Up
– Responsible for the day-to-day editorial and operations functions.
– Manage the EDM Girl community, moderating and responding to comments on website and social media.
– Perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities on the website’s backend (based on WordPress). Conduct interviews with music industry professionals including executives, label managers, and artists.
– Supervise and coordinate a team of writers to ensure smooth flow of work.
Artist Manager & Publicist, Otrera Agency, Washington DC. Sept. 2013- Present
– Handle day-to-day business affairs of agency talent.
– Identify and promote new talent in the electronic music industry.
– Develop and execute digital media campaigns for clients.
– Assist individuals, organizations and companies in developing and implementing their brand.
– Freelance publicist for artists, labels and venues, including Skylite DC.
Digital Intern, House Republican Conference, Washington DC. Jan. 2014- May 2014
– Worked with Deputy Press Secretary for Digital Media to design flyer for GOP Jolt.
– Designed, organized and managed graphics for use across House Republican efforts.
– Assist in filming and editing Conference Recording Studio projects.
– Assist with special projects, including State of the Union House Republican Vine Response Station.
– Worked alongside Member offices to teach and assist with graphic design and social media accounts.
– Hosted informational sessions for Member offices with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google and Vine.
iMarketing, TESSCO Technologies, Timonium, MD. May 2013- Jan. 2014
– Develop and manage content for web presence, ensuring all content meets established standards.
– Responsible for the reorganization of corporation’s Knowledge Center.
Sales Associate, American University Campus Follett Store, Washington DC. Jan. 2013- Jan. 2015
– Continually develop strong relationships with customers by being attentive to their needs.
– Responsible for completing transactions, stocking and maintaining a neat environment.
– Development of a thorough knowledge of all merchandise carried in the store.
Director of College Outreach, Conversation Starters, Washington DC. Jan. 2013- May 2013
– Development of College Outreach team operational guidelines, strategies, timelines and results.
– Created relationships with potential university departments & collegiate organizational partners.
– Coordinate and promote Together at the Table Invitational Video Competition annually.
Editorial Intern, Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce, Washington DC. Sept. 2012- Dec. 2012
– Interviewed top Swedish and American professionals.
– Reported on Swedish-American business news, and news within the SACC network.
Proofread and quality assured in reports, presentations, and website content.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND AWARDS
-Her Campus Premier Blog Network Member, 2015
– Brand Ambassador and Network Member for MR Youth and Spotify, 2013-2014
– Phi Sigma Pi, Honors Fraternity, 2013
- adobe creative suite
- graphic design
- public relations
- social media
- September 2012 - August 2015 Bachelor of Arts in CLEG (Communications, Legal Institutions, Economics and Government)