Phone: 240.434.1151 Email: email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/robertewatts
Finance / Business Development / Media
10 years of extensive client-centric experience in the commercial banking and media industries. MEDIA: Experience in broadcast media production environment, field and segment producing. BANKING: Extensive experience sourcing, structuring, analyzing, negotiating new deals. Structured new credits as well as workout restructures on non-performing credits. Conduct credit investigations to determine credit worthiness for commercial debt transactions. Industries served include affordable housing, commercial real estate (all asset classes), non-profit, education, energy. Developed and implemented new Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) and ACH policies in accordance with GAAP and regulatory guidance.
* DEAL SOURCING
* EFFECTIVE CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
* DEAL NEGOTIATIONS & CLOSINGS
* ANALYTICAL EXPERTISE (UNDERWRITING / CREDIT ANALYSIS)
* BRANDING, SOCIAL MEDIA (GIANTTT.COM)
* NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
CITY FIRST BANK OF DC, NA – WASHINGTON, DC
Portfolio Manager, 9/2010 to 4/2012 re-joined 2/2013-August 2015
Conduct credit analysis on existing commercial loan portfolio of affordable housing credits; including performing and workout loans. Question subjects and third parties to help develop, recommend and execute strategy on workout loans, monitor progress results. Source, structure, negotiate and close new loan transactions. Serve as a central contact to ensure loan, financial and compliance issues are resolved quickly. Reported on bank loan portfolio to Board of Directors.
* Developed new ACH Policy
* Member of the Web Development Committee, Compliance Committee, Ambassadors program
GRAY TELEVISION, WHSV TV3 / MY VALLEY FOX — HARRISONBURG, VA
EDITOR /PHOTOJOURNALIST, 4/2012 TO 2/2013
Use a non-linear edit system to edit voice-overs. Write/produce vo/sots and news packages to be used in various newscasts. Collaborate with reporters, producers and writers in editing video elements. Use video in the system, and edit it to match the scripts written by reporters, producers and writers. Responsible for sending each video segment to the central server, so it can be played in the newscast. Share in responsibility of making sure there is no inappropriate use of file video in newscasts.
MARYLAND BANK AND TRUST, NA — WALDORF, MD
Business Development Officer, 3/2008 to 9/2010
Credit Analyst II, 1/2007 to 3/2008
Promoted to Business Development officer to identify, develop, service and manage business relationships in the Washington, DC region. Managed cross functional teams to win accounts with high-revenue. Prepare reports of complex credit investigations. Served public and private corporate customers in various industries including, real estate, energy, technology, insurance and government entities. (Credit) Developed and implemented new Allowance for Loan and Lease Losses (ALLL) methodology in accordance with GAAP and regulatory guidance. Performed portfolio wide analysis to evaluate loan portfolio quality and establish risk ratings. Determined troubled loan workout strategies along with the Chief Credit Officer.
* Developed and managed the 5th largest loan portfolio in a very short period.
* Established the bank’s 2nd largest deposit relationship
* Performed credit underwriting on deal transactions to determine risk and pricing structures.
* Member of the New Product committee that researched and presented new financial products and services
GRUBB & ELLIS — WASHINGTON, DC
Senior Analyst 12/2005 to 1/2007
Focused analysis skills on developing financial models to evaluate real estate portfolios to provide clients with optimized real estate strategies for lease, acquisition and disposition property transactions. Partnered with architect and associate group to develop marketing and communication projects to support the business development efforts of our practice group.
* Completed multi-site lease analysis for national client engagements to support transactions resulting in reduced lease and occupancy expense
* Analyzed national portfolio of car dealerships to provide dealer disposition strategy to generate capital for new locations
* Developed property valuations for REITS to meet financial reporting requirements
ARCHSTONE — ARLINGTON, VA
Leasing Manager, 11/2004 to 4/2005
Leasing Consultant, 5/2003 to 11/2004
Promoted to Leasing Manager to oversee a leasing staff of both full and part time employees. Created incentive strategies for staff. Negotiated new leases and renewals for assigned property. Created weekly and monthly progress reporting. Assessed and recommended areas of need for capital expense budgeting.
* Design and develop marketing campaigns to attract and retain tenants. Developed work flow and business processes to support leasing activity.
* Grew occupancy from 92% to 97%
LE PARKER MERIDIEN — NY, NY
Revenue Accounting Administrator 1/2001 to 4/2003
Coordinated billing and account maintenance for corporate billing, travel agents’ accounts, and credit card billing.
* Resolved account disputes
* Balanced daily journal with daily financials
* Balanced credit card ledger with receivables log
MIDCITY BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT (BID) FORMATION BOARD – WASHINGTON, DC
Board Member – Treasurer 3/2014 to 8/2015
Established the financial management policies for the organization. Work with management staff to draft and approve the annual operating budget. Oversee various financial matters related to operations.
CHESAPEAKE PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOL BOARD OF GOVERNORS (VOLUNTEER) — LEXINGTON PARK, MD
Board Member – Finance Committee Chair 12/2005 to 1/2007
Lead the school from concept to an approved and fully enrolled institution. Established financial governance for Board of Governors, including the school’s accounting policy and procedural manual. Translated school’s strategy into financial forecasting using state, county and grant funding. Created a unified financial vision among board members.
* Delivered balanced and approved budgets with very uncertain funding (due to pending legislation) to allow continued operations and school growth.
* Develop and design detailed, official instruction and policies for executive management to follow in carrying out financial transactions.
Education & Credentials
GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY – Washington, DC
McDonough School of Business – Executive Master’s in Leadership, 2007
JAMES MADISON UNIVERSITY — Harrisonburg, VA
Bachelor of Business Administration, Hospitality Tourism Management 2000
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY — NY, NY
Intensive Credit Training Program, 2007