1425 Major Oaks Road, Toronto, Canada L1X-2T2
C: (905) 409 – 0372 / H: (905) 427 – 3445
Saturday June 8th, 2019
Los Angeles, California, United States
RE: Office Assistant
Dear Human Resources,
It is with great interest that I am applying to the Office Assistant position with Listen Up. I am currently in the process of obtaining an Honors Bachelor Degree of Communications and Digital Media at the University of Ontario Institute of Technology.
My studies at UOIT have allowed me to develop an interest in Media Business Administration. I have gained knowledge in studying various media related courses such as, Media and Communication in Canada, Advertising, Public Speaking, Persuasion, Digital Media Storytelling, Television, Media Information Policy, along with many more media related courses. My eagerness towards working within entertainment industry comes from my genuine excitement, drive and confidence in anything media. I am extremely hard working and have made it a habit to assure that everything that I am given in terms of work load and responsibility, is done well and efficiently. I complete tasks before they are assigned, therefore proving yet demonstrating that I am accountable, responsible, and add value to a team.
For the past five years, I have worked as a Sales Associate, Service Coordinator, Executive Assistant, Production Assistant, Stage Director, Road Manager, Administrative Intern, Server, Bartender, and Customer Service Representative for many companies. These positions have allowed me to enhance my communication skills by managing staff and incoming customers, coordinating reservations, developing seating arrangements, scheduling meetings, promoting events, booking venues, designing promotion flyers, resolving customer complaints and ensuring all tasks are completed efficiently with accuracy. I have developed an outstanding ability to problem solve, with effective decision making skills leading me to deliver client driven service. I am confident that I will make a positive contribution to your company and that I have the ability to fulfill the requirements you are looking for to fill this position.
If you feel that my credentials, along with my genuine enthusiasm and passion to work with this population are sufficient to meet your criteria for employment in this field, please contact me. I look forward eagerly to meeting with you to discuss my passion and professional qualifications and I truly thank you for taking the time to review my credentials.
Shalisa Shaw • C: (905) 409 – 0372 / H: (905) 427 – 3445 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Education and Certifications
Honors Bachelor Degree of Communications and Digital Media
University of Ontario Institute of Technology – Oshawa, ON
Areas of Experience
· Exceptional abilities in planning and organizing work load assigned while working independently or in a team setting.
· Outstanding skills in handling a heavy workload, conflict resolution, and negotiation while under pressure.
· Long-term experience in scheduling staff appointments, studio time, processing financial invoices, logging data, distributing emails, and answering telephone calls while working in a rapid-volume work environment.
· Carry administrative and clerical experience through gathering confidential and sensitive information with discretion and consideration.
· Excellent at managing various social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram with ease
· Outstanding ability to resolve dispute and develop strong working relationships with staff and third parties.
· Remarkable management skills in compiling, and keeping track of all demos, roughs, and mixes for the companies files and archives.
· Carry very strong verbal and written communication and detail-oriented skills
· Excellent computer skills in using software applications such as Mediabase, Soundscan, and BDS.
· Conveys an outstanding amount of positivity, embodies love and carries a creative mindset.
· Overwhelming love and admiration for the Music industry and Urban Music.
Work Experience/ Volunteer Experience
Sales Associate 2019 – Present
Zara – Oshawa, ON
Greeting customers with a smile, friendly conversation, and provide assistance to enhance the customer experience and sales.
Maintains and organizes all clothing racks, towers, and stock room.
Constantly studies Zara product, to relay and inform customers, therefore all purchases maximize Zara profit.
Assists in stocking our walls and collates with new clothing collections and removing product that is not selling.
· Assists customers in dressing rooms, which includes bringing clothing in different sizes and offering various outfit suggestions.
· Places online orders for sold out items or unique sizes.
Shoeless Joes Sports and Grill, Pickering, ON
· Created a welcoming environment for guest providing them with a memorable experience.
· Ensured customer needs were met and made drink recommendations based on their preferences.
· Served and prepared various cocktails to customers.
· Checked identification of customers to verify they met the required age requirements.
· Stocked inventory and supplies
Administrative Intern, Road Manager, and Stage Director 2018
Dream More Studios, Markham, ON
· Worked collaboratively with a diverse group of staff such as artists, producers and engineers
· Managed a staff of 20 including music artists, DJ’s, photographers, and videographers
· Produced, organized, and managed all music showcases for an audience number of 150
· Booked venues for Dream More showcases in Toronto, Atlanta, GA for A3C Festival, Washington, DC for Homecoming Weekend, and New York City.
· Negotiated tour contracts and processed payments for music artists throughout Toronto, Atlanta, Miami, New York, and Washington
· Created and formed Sponsorship letters for future events
· Coordinated and booked all travel and hotel arrangements for a staff of 20-30 people
· Orchestrated tour schedule, along with arrival and departure itineraries
· Supervised setup operations, rehearsals, sound check, and hired backline techs for all shows
· Facilitated all radio interviews in Atlanta, Miami, New York, and Washington during Homecoming Weekend for all artists on tour
· Ensured all artists, DJ’s, photographers, and videographers hospitality needs were met
· Resolved all unforeseen issues and emergencies in a timely manner
Executive Assistant 2017
The Elements Toronto, Toronto, ON
· Managed President’s business and personal calendar
· Planned and coordinated all audio & video conference calls
· Coordinated meetings and transcribed minutes for President
· Project managed major events within Toronto by generating invoices for all accounts payable and receivables
· Prepared, distributed, and confirmed event reservations
· Promoted and organized guest list for Rebel Toronto
· Built Event Sponsorship Letters
· Contacted and sought out charitable sponsors
Service Coordinator 2016
Pickering Honda, Pickering, ON
Provided outstanding customer service to incoming customers
· Marketed and advertised service promotions to all Honda customers via email or phone
· Monitored materials for parts department and service customers
· Updated and logged all incoming and outgoing rental vehicles
· Kept track of vehicle inventory into database management system, CDK Global
· Performed administration based tasks such as answering emails, scheduling appointments, and filing paperwork
Shalisa Shaw • C: (905) 409 – 0372 / H: (905) 427 – 3445 • email@example.com
Work Experience/ Volunteer Experience continued
Radio Personality / Host 2018
Shalisa Marie Radio, Pickering, ON
· Serves and promotes underground music from all over the world.
· Interviews creatives, artists, entrepreneurs, and many more beautiful people.
· Creates, prepares, and presents unique and not spoken about topics, with the intention to make people aware of themselves and the world.
· Communicates and builds personal relationships with my listeners through connecting with them, via Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, E-mail and Telephone.
· Conducts on-air interviews and hosts panel discussions dealing with various topics.
· Completes paperwork, takes notes, and network with sponsors for future partnerships.
Toronto International Film Festival, Toronto, ON 2017
Provided customer service and front-of-house assistance.
Managed lineups outside and inside the building.
Scanned tickets for incoming guests.
Ushered and checked guests in and out of the facility.
Assisted various TIFF departments with a range of administrative, data-entry, and organizational tasks.
Production Assistant 2017
Street Relief Film Co-op (The Last Date Short Film), Toronto, ON
Handled deliveries, script copies, lunch pick-ups, and other tasks in coordination with the Production Manager and production coordinator
Collected, organized, and maintained releases and other critical paperwork
Escorted actors and actresses to and from their casting rooms to on set
Performed reminder calls, casting calls & outstanding recalls
References Available Upon Request
University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- 2016 -2020 Communications and Digital Media