Shawnaka E. Johnson
(240) 603-2923 ¨ email@example.com
University of Maryland College Park, Maryland
Bachelor of Science in Community Health December 2012
Stoddard Baptist Nursing Home Northwest, Washington DC
Volunteer July 2013 – present
§ Assist in current television fundraising program through attending meetings and developing fundraising materials such as a donation letter.
§ Co-plan and co-organize television fundraising kick off event.
Greenbelt Assistance In Living (GAIL) Program Greenbelt, Maryland
Public Health Intern September 2012 – December 2012
· Coordinated and implemented various health events including Greenbelt West Flu Clinic and Mental Health Screening Day.
· Provided health education to various members of the Greenbelt Community.
· Coordinated and participated in free produce and brown bag distributions.
· Developed and distributed PR for various health-related events.
· Solicited donations from various organizations for community Thanksgiving Food Drive.
· Conducted, analyzed, and reported data for various surveys including Green Ridge House Resident Satisfaction surveys.
· Managed vendor participation for various events including Greenbelt Flu Clinic and Greenbelt Health and Wellness Fair.
· Performed various clerical duties including answering and directing phone calls.
University of Maryland, Department of Resident Life College Park, Maryland
Resident Assistant August 2008 – December 2012
· Interacted with and monitored a floor of 35-54 residents with diverse backgrounds.
· Planned and coordinated various interactive and educational programs each semester on various topics such as sexual education, diversity, and academic success in order to build community among residents and foster individual growth.
· Planned with other professional staff members, the training program for other Resident Assistants.
· Mediated personal and roommate conflicts.
· Worked and communicated with a staff compiled of 12-14 other Resident Assistants and a Resident Director.
· Co-designed and co-presented one session on opportunities available to Resident Assistants within the Department of Resident Life at the University of Maryland.
Senior Resident Assistant February 2010 – May 2011
§ Assisted and provided clerical support for a full time University staff member with various tasks including filing, typing, and creating documents such as staff agendas.
§ Co-managed a staff of 13 other resident assistants.
§ Organized and conducted weekly staff meetings along with the Resident Director.
§ Provided vision, leadership, and support to fellow RA staff members.
§ Created and posted educational bulletin boards on various topics such as diversity, HIV/AIDS awareness, and health and wellness.
Resident Director Search Committee (Student Staff Member) March 2010 – June 2010
§ Assisted in screenings and interviews alongside other full time University staff members in order to hire multiple Resident Directors for different residence halls on campus.
Resident Assistant Training Committee (Student Staff Member) February 2009 – June 2009
§ Served as student liaison between Resident Directors (full time University employees) and Resident Assistants (student University employees) and provided input and suggestions on developing the training schedule, activities, and presentations for the Resident Assistant Training program.
Shawnaka Johnson P.2
Grace’s Steak and Seafood Restaurant Bowie, Maryland
Server/Hostess June 2010 – present
· Greet, seat, and serve customers.
· Answer related customer questions.
· Take customer reservations and set up for reserved events.
· Offer culinary suggestions.
Macy’s Annapolis, Maryland
Sales Associate November 2010 – June 2011
· Greeted and assisted customers with shoe selection and purchase.
· Cleaned and maintained order of the stock room.
Up Against The Wall Northwest, Washington DC
Sales Associate November 2007 – June 2008
· Assisted guest with styling of the merchandise
· Maintained the appearance of the store.
· Answered any inquiries about the store and merchandise.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Public Health Foundation: Effective Communication Tools for Healthcare Professionals April 2012