I am a recent graduate from Loyola University Maryland, with dreams of working within the field of Entertainment. My lifelong passion for the arts/pop culture combined with experience in media relations, will help me get any job done. Having the opportunity to promote something I am passionate about is what I look for in a career. My outgoing personality, approachability, and sense of humor allow me to establish connections anywhere I go. My dedication, drive and ambition are what help me to succeed, no matter what obstacles may come in my way.
Brand Ambassador- IVY Connect August 2018-Present
Responsible for prospecting, qualifying and generating new member leads to support the growth of the Washington D.C. chapter. I am focused on building, innovating, and maintaining the already existing lead generating and outreach channels.
· Create and execute strategies online to thoughtfully grow our 20,000+ member community
· Meet and exceed monthly outreach targets in the designated metro area
Creative Assistant- Loyola University Maryland Career Center August 2017-May 2018
My goal was to sustain and improve Loyola Career Center’s brand through social media and all media relations. I use various platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Handshake to establish a bridge between Loyola students and different potential employers.
• Managed and schedule posts across all social media platforms using Hootesuite
• Promoted, attended, and documented events hosted by the Career Center
• Used Adobe Suite to create professional content that reflected the Career Centers image
• Created various social media campaigns that promoted the overall brand
Social Media Manager- Loyola Maryland Dance Team May 2014-June 2018
I created and managed the Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook for the Loyola Dance Team. My goal was to increase the team’s involvement on campus and in the Baltimore community. I used social media to promote the team and created content that reflected the team’s values.
• Created posts that engaged followers and informed the public about various events such as game days, fundraisers, and the team’s involvement with community service
Customer Service Rep- Plaka Grill April 2014-June 2018
I was responsible for welcoming customers into the Greek fast-casual restaurant and providing them with the best dining experience possible.
• Interacted, engaged with customers, answered questions, and made recommendations in regards to the Greek cuisine
• Provided mentoring and training for new employees
• Attended catering events within the Washington DC Metro Area
B.A. in Communication, Specialization in Public Relations, 3.3 G.P.A 2014-2018
During my time at Loyola, I was a member of the dance team and co-ed a capella group for four years and worked at my schools Career Center. I was accepted to study abroad in Athens, Greece during the fall of 2016.
Bishop Dennis J. O’Connell High School 2010-2014
I was a member of the nationally ranked Royalette Dance Team and the honors choir. My role as the junior class student council vice president taught me how to be a leader from a young age.
• Communication Research
• Special Topics in Social Media
• Graphic Design
• Mobile Media
• PR Case Studies
• Event Planning
• Writing for Public Relations
· Social Media Management
· Adobe Suite
· Media Relations
· Word Press
· Video Editing
Penelope Burlage Flury
email@example.com (p) 410-617-5167
Loyola University Maryland
- September 2014- May 2018 Bachelor of Arts in Communications